Thursday, 11 July 2013

Peas in the pod

 I love the fresh English peas in their pod in July. They do  taste so good especially with a little melted butter. For me the whole process in their preparation including the shelling is a trip down memory lane.   For a start I have to take the pods outside in a large bowl and sit on a chair. This is what we did when I was a child. Shelling peas was often my job but I remember my Grandmother and Mother sitting on chairs in the sun with the peas. Infact, alot of veggie preparation was done outside and this is something I still like to do especially great in this fabulous warm weather we are having at the moment.


2 comments:

  1. This looks lovely. Greetings from Montreal, Canada. My father's parents were born in Kent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have fond childhood memories helping my grandfather to shell peas he'd grown in his veg garden, sitting outside in the sun. Thanks for reminding me.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete