Rudolph Cupcakes
1 tbsp milk 2 eggs 150g butter 150g caster sugar 150g s/r flour 1/2tsp baking powder zest of a small orange 45g dried cranberries (chopped) For the icing: 100g soften butter 150g icing sugar 2tbsp cocoa powder pinch of salt To decorate: Curly Wurly chocolate bars white icing sultanas 12 glace cherries
- Preheat the oven 180 C/350F/ Gas Mark 4
- Put 12 muffin cases into a deep muffin tin
- Place the eggs, caster sugar,butter, flour, baking powder, milk and zest into a bowl and beat together
- Stir in the cranberries and spoon into the cases
- Sieve the icing sugar into the soft butter and beat together until smooth
- Add the cocoa powder and salt and mix till smooth
- Chill in fridge for 20 mins to firm up
- Cut lengths of the Curly Wurly bars for the antlers and push into the cupcakes
- place a cherry on the middle for the nose
- Place two sultanas for the eyes adding a little white icing to the middle of these
This was a fun make and brought a smile to my lips as well as my family. Ideal for this time of the year. I saw this recipe in Your Home magazine alongside some other festive fun makes. I shall be certainly adding this one to my Christmas recipe collection and am going to try the others as well.

|
That's a fine looking reindeer, Keg-Meg! It must be fun at your house.
ReplyDelete-Karen
What fabulously festive cup cakes.... my boys (and hubby) would adore those!!!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you xxx
Louise
Your cupcakes put a smile on my face!!! They are so cute! Merry Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your most festive of entries! I love Rudolph's shiny red nose!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun. And using Curly Wurlies for antlers is inspired. I know some young relatives who would love these :D
ReplyDeleteMay I come and live in your home, please? Those cakes look delicious and so adorable!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the final countdown 'til Christmas in Kent.
Stephanie
Rudolph cupcakes! What a marvellous idea, especially for young children who love Rudolph, like some I know! This recipe is one for my to do list, thank you for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteHelen x
what a great face. It's nice to do extra special treats at this time isn't it. I was just cursing some cookies the other day, so difficult to make, but they were so pretty when finished I realized it really was worth the effort.
ReplyDelete