In my last post I mentioned Gabriel Rossetti artist and poet. On one of the photos his sister's name appears Christina Rossetti (1830-1894). She was a poet and I love to dip into her poems . I started reading these many moons ago (no pun intended). This was one we used to recite at primary school.
Is the moon tired? She looks so pale,
Within her misty veil,
She scales the sky from east to west,
And takes no rest.
Before the coming of the night,
The moon shows papery white,
Before the dawning of the day,
She fades away.
Christina Rossetti
Christina Rossetti by her brother Gabriel Rossetti
Beautiful. I love to see how the moon inspired writers and artists alike.
ReplyDeleteLovely.
ReplyDeleteAs a child, I remember learning Walter de la Mare's "Silver". It began:
Slowly, silently, now the moon
Walks the night in her silver shoon;
This way, and that, she peers, and sees
Silver fruit upon silver trees
OH yes, I LOVE Christina Rossetti and her poems.....that one is a favourite.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely poem - I might share that with my class next week
ReplyDeleteI agree it is a beautiful poem.
ReplyDeleteHope that you are having a good Sunday and that it is snowfree!
Fiona
This is lovely. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteCindy