This is the Italianate Greenhouse in Ramsgate , Isle of Thanet Kent.
This was built around 1810 and was part of a property own by Queen Caroline when she was Princess of Wales. It was then owned by the Duke of Wellington's brother and later by Sir Moses and Judith Montefiore. This greenhouse has recently been restored as is a Grade 2 listed building .
I like to visit greenhouses to see what is grown and gain ideas.
These pictures are of Charles Darwin's greenhouses at Down House Kent where he propagated many plants to be used in his investigations.
The next two photos I took at Clumber Park Nottinghamshire such a beautiful garden to visit and I was amazed to see these glasshouses. They were so extensive and tidy.
| Peach tree. |
This year I am hoping to be more well organised in my much smaller greenhouse . No room for a peach tree! However, I have definately decided that I will still keep a chair for those moments when, although, the sun is shining the air temperature is still chilly.
I am linking this with Karen at My Little Home and Garden for Sun Lit Sunday
It's a welcome change to visit a greenhouse in the midst of winter. It must be a true delight to have your own, no matter how tiny. I can imagine the pleasurable feeling of sitting in a greenhouse with a garden book and a cup of tea. Thank you for linking to "Sunlit Sunday".
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful greenhouses, they look so orderly and bright. I love the peach tree, just the other day in the car we were listening to the Just William story, where he eats all the peaches from a tree in a greenhouse , and causes his usual mayhem!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful greenhouse! Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting on my photo of my cat, Rudy!
ReplyDeleteCindy
I am VERY envious, I have always wanted to visit there, but I am LOVING the virtual tour through your photos!
ReplyDeleteKaren
I loved seeing all your greenhouse pictures today. I find greenhouses such peaceful places, and have fond memories of one we had when I was a child. Hope you enjoy lots of sunny moments this week.
ReplyDeleteHelen x
I have never seen a peach tree in a greenhouse awesome!
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures... I'm your newest follower..
Have a wonderful week..
hugs, Cherry
My peach tree is in bloom at the moment .reminds me of a green house iI used to vsit when I was young.
ReplyDeleteIt looks amazing Meg.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos.
Have a good week
Fiona
I've always had a dream of owning a small greenhouse to grow houseplants and start seeds! I think I would live in it:)
ReplyDeleteHow nice a warm greenhouse would be at this time of year. One thing that always amazes me at public gardens is how tidy they are. My workbench and garden always look such a mess.
ReplyDeleteEvery winter we say 'in the spring we'll build a greenhouse' but we never get around to it. The glass houses you've shown are really quite beautiful. There is nothing like that here outside of commercial endeavors. I'd love to tour one like you've shown.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby would l.o.v.e to have a greenhouse - any of the above - like that.
ReplyDeleteNina x
what a wonderful image - you sitting in your greenhouse reading your gardening books! I shall think of this when the sun shines from now on. Been to Clumber loads of times as am from South Yorkshire - lovely place. xC
DeleteWhat a wonderful greenhouse to see and spend sometime. The peach trees took me back to a time I lived in Okayama prefecture where many peach fruits are grown.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind visit my blog. I find many interests on your blog!
RedRose
What a totally amazing structure the Italianate Greenhouse is!
ReplyDelete