From a Railway Carriage
I do love train journeys especially on steam trains. They remind me of when I was a child and went up to London with my parents with a steam train pulling us into Victoria Station. We had to remember to close the windows before the tunnels to avoid steam filling up the carriage. When Mr had a special birthday I booked up a trip on the Orient Express. We had a fabulous day and at each station and on route people were taking photos and enjoying seeing and hearing the train.
Well today I just felt like a train ride so we took off to the East Kent Railway (not a steam train).This a small heritage railway operated entirely by volunteers.
Trains travel between Shepherdswell and the village of Eythorne, near Dover in Kent.
While we waited for the return train we took a sunlit woodland walk . Spring was in the air and at our feet Wood Anemones and the leaves of the Bluebells .Ahhh what a pleasure to walk in the woods and hear the birds singing . Bliss.
I'm linking with Karen at My Little Home and Garden for Sunlit Sunday.
I love trains. This sounds like a marvelous day ... a little train travel, a walk in the woods, birds singing ... sounds perfect to me! Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a relaxing day. I love walks in the woods. I have only rode on a train once, but I would love to again some day.
ReplyDeleteOh I would love to travel by train. I'm listening to one in the background right now. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete~Clara
I love trains. In your all photos I feel something nostalgic and warm. When I was a child my family traveled with a steam train! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteRedRose Tomoko
Just looking at your photographs and reading your post ,feels like a great breath of relaxing fresh air :-) thank you.
ReplyDeleteYou have touched on one of my BIG loves, I ADORE old trains and train travel and was treated to a meal aboard the North York Moors Train a couple of years ago for my birthday! LOVE the photos and this post!
ReplyDeleteKaren
PS. I see they have my gin there, BOOTH's gin!
That sounds like a terrific way to spend a day. Perhaps you'll head out for another woodland walk once the bluebells are blooming.
ReplyDeleteThis little line is news to me ! I must take a ride the next time we are in Kent. my grandfather used to man the signal box at Shepherdswell!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely way to spend a day, I just LOVE riding on trains :D
ReplyDeleteLovely! I love train rides too....and walks in the woods....soon they will be carpeted with blubells!
ReplyDeleteHave a happy weekend.
Helen x
interresting little station. Sad enough those places are dissappearing nowadays. :(
ReplyDelete