I remember studying Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in school and loved learning the old English and hearing it read allowed. The Canterbury Tales is a collection of stories written by Geoffrey Chaucer at the end of the 14th century . Pilgrims are making their way to Canterbury from London and tell each other stories. The prologue starts like this
Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote
The droghte of Marche hath perced to the roote,
and this seems to aptly fit the meteorological conditions at the moment. In this part of England we have a hose pipe ban imposed due to less rainfall than normal and yet now we are have our Sweet April Showers with heavy rain due tomorrow .
Here are the colours to be found in my garden today. I just went out at snapped where i saw colour. There are the signs of life on the wisteria, apple trees ,azaleas and the bluebells .
April 16th 2012 |


You have such various pretty flowers in yr garden. Snapping of those photos must be so exciting!Thank you for sharing your garden.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your spring day.
Tomoko
That's a beautiful quilt of spring colour, much more than I can find in my garden right now. There hasn't been much in the line of April showers just yet, but I imagine they will come soon. (As for Chaucer, he sits on my shelf, ignored.)
ReplyDeleteYou have some lovely flowers out in your garden, love the pink heather.
ReplyDeleteMust admit I found Chaucer hard work, although we did the naughty Wife of Bath's Tale which made up for it a bit!
Wish the sun would come back!