Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Get the flag ready....

Today Mr and I got up very early to be in London for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. What fun we had . The rain even stayed away till the Balcony scene and by then we didn't mind.







We enjoyed the music , flag waving and all that pomp. We all cheered when members of the Royal Family came to the Balcony. A very special day that started with the dawn chorus and ended with  the fly past .



6 comments:

  1. The British do know about pageantry. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day
    what a celebration!

    Glad you got there to experience it
    it will be an occassion to remember.


    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super day out, and what memories!!

    BTW love those Hussar jackets on the gunners, do you remember when Adam (of Adam and the Ants) used to wear one?!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. I enjoyed watching it on the telly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful , I can't really stand crowds, so watched from home. I love the Red Arrows and the horses are just perfect, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting actually being there for it all!
    Sounds like you had a great time, something to be remembered and the memories passed on to your children and childrens children!
    Great photos, thank you for sharing.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete