Saturday, 3 December 2011

Pandoro Tradizionale

I make most of our Christmas Fare but there is one thing that I like to buy each year for the festivities. A Pandoro from Carluccio's in London. My Christmas would be incomplete without this fabulous item to eat.


Last year we had all that snow at this time and I was worried I wouldn't be able to go to London to get this. Ordering on the internet is not the same as a train journey home carrying the Pandoro. So yesterday, the Pandoro was purchased and it is now sitting on my dresser.
This  traditional Italian sweet bread makes a great change from the fruit based cakes and pies. Pan d'oro literally means Bread of Gold . Just perfect for Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. If it is anything as nice as the packaging it will be beautiful!

    Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat and WHY not! Wish I could share a slice with you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tradition to have! The Pandoro looks so lovely in that packaging, and I know it will taste wonderful too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, we have two Carluccio's in Kingston, so i'llnip in and buy one next I'm shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look yummy.

    No snow here......yet. I've got my fingers crossed though for a little.

    Nina ❉❉❉❉

    ReplyDelete