Monday, 2 April 2012

Let yellow take the stage.

Almost overnight yellow has taken over the colour scheme in the garden.

The Daffodils by the pond.
The Forsythia down the drive.

More Daffs in the tubs.

Primroses by the path.
Yellow yellow everywhere.

We had a very busy week last week in the garden. I have been planting lots and lots of Sweet Peas . I love these flowers and the fragrance from them is fabulous. Also, tackled the veggie plot and plan to grow more spinach this year and fewer salad veg.However, Mr and I did go up to London to St Pauls for a special service in commemoration of Captain Scott and his companions .


The music was so beautiful and as we left the cathedral the bells were ringing out. Such a wonderful sound .
 St Pauls

I'm linking with Karen at My Little Home and Garden for Sunlit Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to be able to attend such a service! I listened to a program on CBC on the 29th, all about that voyage. What brave men they were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look forward to seeing your sweet peas later this year. I should plant some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful yellow spring flowers filling your garden, and hearing about the wonderful service you went to. I am trying a few different kinds of sweet peas this year...I love them so much. I look forward to seeing the ones you grow later in the summer.
    Hope you have a Happy Easter.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is GLORIOUS! And I am VERY envious that you attended the Scott service, what an honour.....

    ReplyDelete