Thursday, 27 October 2011

Salutation from The Salutation a.k.a. The Secret Gardens

Today,I spent the morning at one of my favourite Kent gardens 'The Salutation' in Sandwich with  a friend of mine. Two Kentish women in a beautiful Kentish garden. Perfect. As regular readers of this blog will know I go to this garden quite often and watch the changing seasons reflected in the garden. Colour  was still about in the borders and some new metallic sculptures have appeared. 






Pumpkin time . Can you see the little snail ?





  Hens in the veggie plot.


A wild boar.





Mare with her foal in the meadow.




This is the main house 'The Salutation'. 



However, I love this building in the yellow garden.

After our morning in The Secret Gardens we went for a walk in Sandwich and around Sandwich along The Butts, Ropewalk, Millwall and the Bulwarks which mark the original path of the Town Wall.

3 comments:

  1. These gardens look beautiful and well worth a visit. The sculptures are enchanting. I have welcomed an autumnal day today as this is truly my favourite season. I find myself contemplating my childhood when seasons had definite divisions and could be celebrated in style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ~ such a wonderful post.....I LOVE the garden sculptures too....and the flowers of course. Autumn is my favourite season and the colours are magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, all of it, but especially those metal pumpkins :D

    ReplyDelete