Saturday, 1 October 2011

To quench your dryth in this hot weather.

If you are adry or are dryth these Kentish drinks will be welcomed.  Adry and dryth are old  Kentish words for having a thirst. The apple juice and cider are produced at  Biddenden here in Kent. Yesterday, I enjoyed a long iced glass of apple juice. Mmm it's so delicious. Mr likes the cider especially the dry. When the weather is colder Monk's Delight is great. It's a spiced cider that can be warmed before drinking like a mulled wine.

I saw these the other day and just had to try them as they combine both the cobnuts and Ashmore cheese that I love. They were delicious too.

I must confess that I do like crisps and these Kentish ones are fab. Made with Kentish ingredients in Kent they come in four flavours. Mind you after eating these I'm adry again. Reach for another glass of apple juice. Mmmmm. Hope you have a great weekend in this amazing weather. Never thought I would be in the garden drinking iced drinks in October.

6 comments:

  1. No amazing weather here, rain, rain and more rain........

    Your goodies from Kent look delish! ♥

    Hmmm, hungry now and could do with a glass of apple juice!

    Have a good weekend and enjoy that weather.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dryth, and one of those bottles would go down a Kentish treat! IT is also FABULOUS to see so many other BRITISH and KENTISH products ~ especially those packets of crisps!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now in Scotland you have a 'druth' so obviously these are very closely related words. I love dry cider, but sadly it's not sunny here. The Monk's delight sound great.
    I read your profile and thought - that sounds like me! Am off to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, "Keg-Meg"
    I've been planning to heard out to an orchard or two near here to get some fruit and cider. You certainly have some unique flavours for potato chips on the other side of the pond!
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm I've tried those Oyster crisps before and they are DELISH! The weather in Kent has been just glorious. So nice to spend time in the garden as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful selection of Kent goodies, perfect for this amazing weather!

    ReplyDelete