Yesterday my daughter and her hubby came around bearing gifts that they had grown . Red and white potatoes,beetroots (I love these),leeks,squashes, Jerusalem artichokes and some onions.
Should I make soup with these veg? Well I had made leek and potato soup yesterday so I racked my brain. Ah yes, artichoke and leek pancakes (crepes). This would use up some of the veg and make a change from soup.
Now to use the potatoes, beetroot, squashes and onions. How I love family and visitors bearing edible gifts especially freshly harvested foods .
Oh how delicious! I have a weak spot for winter vegetables.
ReplyDeleteBeetroot soup: chop an onion and cook in a little butter, add raw beetroot and potato chunks and 1 litre of stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for around half an hour.
Liquidize, add a pinch of nutmeg, a glug of cider vinegar and a double glug of double cream.
How wonderful, what a great recipe idea......and as for the beetroot, I ROAST mine in their skins with a drizzle of olive oil, then when they are cool, slip the skins off and chop into chunks and pop back into the oven with garlic and balsamic vinegar....lovely!
ReplyDeleteHi Meg,
ReplyDeleteAren't you so lucky to have a family that bring you lots of lovely food goodies.
The crepes sound wonderful, really tasty.
I love the photo of the robin,
it is so pretty,
you could have it made into a Christmas card.
Have a good week
x Fiona
Such fun and satisfaction to grow food and to share is another pleasure. Looks yummy
ReplyDeleteYou are right, you cannot beat edible gifts especially home grown, how lovely and generous too!
ReplyDeleteHi, Meg
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to catch up with your blog. The crepes sound fabulous and I can practically hear the singing of the bird in the tree!
-Karen