Last night I went to see a preview of She Stoops to Conquer at the National Theatre London. She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith was first performed at the Theatre Royal Covent Garden in 1773. I love this play and have seen it performed quite a few times and i did enjoyed this performance. One of the cast was Katherine Kelly playing Miss Hardcastle a big change from playing Becky in Coronation Street.
So that was the preview, what about the premiere I hear you ask? Well on my way to the National I heard all this commotion and then saw the red carpet outside The Royal Festival Hall. On the red carpet was Daniel Radcliffe ( of Harry Potter fame) star of the film Woman in Black. I lingered for a while watching limos draw up ,cameras flashing ,and hearing screaming fans, camera crews and photographers. I thought what a strange life these 'stars' have and then glad I could move away from all this razzmatazz.
But isnt it the unexpected things like that, that make a trip to London special?!! I too went to London this week (to visit a friends new penthouse flat on the 41st floor,amazing views!)but experienced nothing so exciting as that!
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed the theatre performance, I've not seen it although read the play years ago at school.
Gill xx
That is amazing! When I was last in London at Fornum and Masons, Bill Nighey (spelling?) opened the door for me! Glad you enjoyed the performance, one of my favourite plays!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly would be a different kind of life!
ReplyDeleteSounds so glamorous to go to a premier in London!! Love reading your posts about your visits to my favorite city! xoxo Debbie
ReplyDeleteJust discovered all the delights I have missed while my computer has been behaving like a snail! Grrrr .... Appetising huffkins, wonderful photos heralding the early beginnings of spring, inspiring poetry and interesting accounts of your travels.
ReplyDelete