Ashmore cheese made by the Cheesemakers of Canterbury. Bliss. It's a strong flavoured cheese and was delish with my homegrown Kentish tomatoes.
The Cheesemakers of Canterbury also make other types such as the Canterbury Cobble, Gruff, and Chaucer. For dessert, I had a Kentish conference pear which my teeth sank into.
A simple but fabulous lunch. Will post soon about the bulbs I have been planting directly into the borders and about other mongering!
Simple lunches are often the best! You can tell that it's a strong cheese just from the look of it!
ReplyDeleteLovely lunch...simple meals are my favourite. I love 'monger' words too, and they conjure up all sorts of images from the past for me. I also love proverbs and smiled at the ones in you last post which I have just read. I used to collect them to stitch into my samplers. Have a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteHelen x
I am with you on "monger" words! And I love the title Cheesemongering! That slab of cheese looks delicious and I need to try that when I am back in Blighty.
ReplyDelete.."The Cheesemakers of Canterbury also make other types such as the Canterbury Cobble, Gruff, and Chaucer"... WHAT great names, I love names like that, some real ales have wonderful names too.....
That is the PERFECT lunch for me.
Karen