Thursday, 15 September 2011

Toulouse-Lautrec, Vincent and Green Spaces.


Yesterday, I headed for the Courtauld Gallery in London situated in Somerset House .  I wanted to see this exhibition . It has been on since June and it is finishing on Sunday and the  time was running out.

The Courthauld Gallery is lovely just the right size for me although there are many stairs. (There is a lift which I use to go to top galleries then these stairs down)
After the exhibition paintings I wandered  through some of my favourite rooms passing Vincent here.


However, with any trip into a city I like to spend some time in a green space to balance things a little and to be reminded of space and greenness and the sun. What better than the aptly names Green Park.
Signs of Autumn here in London.


Green Park is a great place to recharge the batteries one  of the places I  make for to do just that. Yesterday,  Mr and I had our  picnic here  and people watched. There were footballers, joggers, tourists, dog walkers, and aerobic enthusiasts.

Hooray for the parks in cities. and the galleries. Was going passed the Royal Academy and saw that there is a Degas Exhibition starting on Saturday.  Looks like another visit to Green Park is on the cards.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! The Courthauld Gallery is one of my favourites for the same reasons, just the right size! And the photos of London are lovely, I am back in 6 weeks, for a month, cannot wait!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love people watching too! Nice to enjoy lunch outside whilst we still can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I enjoy the balance of city exploration with green spaces. I wouldn't mind catching the Degas exhibit either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lucky, lucky you :D I am way too far from London to make it there often and I miss so many great exhibitions. Liverpool and Manchester galleries are good and within relatively easy reach, but they don't really compare with those in the capital. Currently I have my sights on Compton Verney ... closer than London but I need to find time to get there before the Stanley Spencer exhibition closes at the end of the month ... wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete