I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky . This the first line of the poem Sea Fever by John Masefield. I was drawn down to the sea today by the beautiful weather but mainly because I wanted to see the new exhibition at the Turner Contemporary Gallery Margate.
There were early works by Turner, David Hockney, Andy Warhol, Henry Moore and Walter Sickert included in this exhibition.
On leaving the gallery this is what I saw....
The Margate Lifeboat being pulled along by a tractor like vehicle.
It was just turning in from the road that runs alongside of the harbour.
Turner used to love the sunsets here and the light tonight as the sun set was splendid. Makes you want to get out the pastels. Well I used my camera instead.
What a co-incidence! I featured this poem in my last but one post too! Its one of my favourites and (between you and me) I couldn't think of anything fresh to blog about, so out came the poem! Great pictures - interesting place.
ReplyDeleteThis is the FIRST poem I had to learn and recite and it remains one of my FAVOURITES too.......love your sunset photos,it looks like another great day out.
ReplyDeleteKaren
I love that poem too and have often stitched parts of it into seaside samplers! I enjoyed your pictures today very much.
ReplyDeleteHelen x