I inherited from my maternal and paternal Grandmothers their Singer sewing machines. I have had these machines for a very long time as did the Grandmothers. The machine from my Mother's side also belonged to my Mother before it came to me. They are in very good working order. Although I have an electric machine that can do 101 things ,half of which I don't need, I get more enjoyment using the Grandmother Machines.
I imagine the times they would have used them and what they would have made. I love to hear the click click as I turn the handle and revel in the smooth stitching . I love my Singers.| Like works of art with their decorative patterns. |
That's great that you're cherishing but also USING these machines. What a nice post! I'm clicking the follow button now. :)
ReplyDelete-Karen
BEAUTIFUL post ~ I LOVE the photos too.....my grandmother's sewing machine went to my sister as I was living overseas at the time ~ but I am promised my mum's! They certainly do not make machines like that any more, today's' machines may be super duper and practical, but they are not as pretty!
ReplyDeleteKaren @ Lavender and Lovage
Those are beautiful old machines, aren't they? I think it's lovely that you are actually using them and enjoying them too. Have a happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteHelen x
How fab are they! I got one (see link) at a boot fair the other week - it's in a rather sorry state but hopefully I'll get it working soon http://michellemadethis.blogspot.com/2011/08/boot-sale-finds.html
ReplyDelete