The Secret Gardens of Sandwich aka The Salutation I consider to be a joy to visit. I was last there in Spring when the tulips were out. I returned on Wednesday and it was the turn of the dahlias to show how magnificent they can be.
The borders are once again a riot of colours but this time enhanced by Autumnal reds and oranges.
Every now and then you can find metallic sculptures either in the borders or on the lawns. Here in the veggie plot area is a whole family of pigs. Just had to include these piglets searching for food.
Here is a view of the house (not opened to the public). This manor house was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens . He also designed the gardens . Loved my visit here looking at all the plant and their names as it is extremely well labelled . Several pages of my notebook are full of plants I would like to buy for next year. This happened last time in Spring with the Spring flowering bulbs. Must look back in my notes as this is the time to think about planting for those.
What a wonderful garden, I loved seeing the fabulous dahlias with their bright and beautiful colours. The sculptures look wonderful in the garden setting too. Thanks for sharing these great photos. Have a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteHelen x
It's when I see such brightly coloured dahlias that I wonder why I haven't planted any! The sculptures brought a smile to my face; the dog looks ready to tear off at a great speed! Thank you for your recent visit to my blog and the kind comment.
ReplyDelete-Karen
Beautiful dahlias!! Stunning colours. Those piglets are adorable!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely garden, and the manor house is just what I think of when I think of England. Thanks for taking us on a tour :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, beautiful flowers, I especially love the little ones with multi coloured petals.
ReplyDelete