Saturday, 17 September 2011

24 pockets and a Robin


A few weeks ago I showed you some fabrics that I was going to be using.  Well I had to make 24 mini pockets.


These were for an Advent Calendar  Bear called Robin. This great design is  from Dandelion Designs by the designer Mandy Shaw. Why I have made this early is because I have had this pattern for over a year and didn't get round to it then as  I was busy making Rudolph and his friends quilts.
Here's his head taking shape.
His holly leaf bow tie minus the berries.



Robin is ready.
His 24 pockets back and front ready for gifts.

6 comments:

  1. He is adorable!! I love advent calendars, and this one is so cute and clever.
    Can I admit I actually was listening to Christmas music on Pandora earlier? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is JUST the most adorable piece if arty crafty work I have seen in a while and what a WONDERFUL idea! I suppose you will fill the pockets with small gifts and chocolate? I just LOVE his face! Made me smile from ear to ear!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute!! He has a lovely face. Good idea to get prepared for Christmas as time just whizzes by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you're going to be super organized this year. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bear - and great to discover another blogger from Kent too!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he is SO CUTE!! What a fantastic idea :)

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete