Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Thatch your roof before the rain begins.....

I love proverbs and sayings especially the more humorous ones.  Today,  I followed the advice of several proverbs .  I thought ahead and although I am fully engaged with Autumn , I thought of Spring.







I planted up some of my bulbs ready for next Spring.


 Large containers for the Tulips.


Small containers for the  hyacinths.

So, I will leave you with two of my other favourite proverbs about foresight. Although it rain, throw not away your watering can or although the sun shine, leave not your cloak at home.

6 comments:

  1. How organised you are to plant your bulbs now!
    Those pink tulips will be gorgeous.
    Glad to have found your lovely blog, I too am a Maid of Kent!
    The last couple of proverbs are very apt at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! The tulips are fabulous. And are the hyacinths for inside? The they smell wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place will be looking wonderful in the spring! (Well, it probably already looks wonderful, but I love spring flowers.) The tulips are absolutely gorgeous!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old proverbs and those made me chuckle! You are VERY organised with your spring bulbs, I have yet to think about that.......I love the tulips, such a glorious colour.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a timely reminder, there really needs to be some bulb action here soon, too. It's such a worry with the dogs though ... they do like to dig at fresh soil, even in pots, and so many spring bulbs are horrendously toxic if eaten. I need to find somewhere well out of the whippeties way to put them overwinter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tulips are fabulous! They look like 'David Austin' tulips if there were such a thing! I am worn out just looking at all the work you are doing! Well done! Your garden will look amazing come spring.

    ReplyDelete